SETTING YOUR TABLESeptember 30, 2014
Today we are sharing a few tips and ideas regarding how to design your place setting. Whether you want to keep it simple or incorporate your theme into this design element we suggest sticking by these few thoughts:
1. Keep it clean. You don’t want to clutter up each place setting and make it overwhelming when your guests sit down.
2. Don’t be afraid to mix. Whether you are mixing patterns, prints or metallics, don’t be afraid to to pair things together that are different but still complimentary.
3. Have fun. Make it about you and make it personal. Whether you incorporate your theme or just part of your personality, make it distinct to you and your event.
Here are a few ideas that will hopefully get your creative juices flowing!
I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACKSeptember 25, 2014
“I love you to the moon and back.”
One sentence that describes this couple perfectly. Ali and Alex were so fun to work with while planning their special day, or should I say Eastern Shore Wedding Weekend. St. Michaels just happens to be their home away from home and a place they knew they wanted to say ‘I Do.” We were so excited to plan out each and every intimate detail, from the rehearsal dinner to the welcome party, the Saturday St. Michaels scavenger hunt, wedding, after party and brunch. Needless to say it was a full weekend with so much love and celebration for these two.
We are excited to give you a look into their special celebration; you can’t help but smile seeing the love they have for each other! Congratulations Ali and Alex!
Venue: Kirkland Manor
Decor and Florals: Amaryllis
Photography: Amy Raab
Videography: Blue Sky Films
Tent: Eastern Shore Tents
Entertainment: Pop Culture Strings
Entertainment: Sound Connection
Hair and Makeup: Abigail de Casanova
VENDOR SPOTLIGHT: LAURA ASHBROOK PHOTOGRAPHYSeptember 23, 2014
Now that you have had a chance to see some of Laura’s work via our Behind the Scenes of EVOKE post, we wanted to introduce you to her and allow all of you the chance to get to know Laura better. As the owner and lead photographer of Laura Ashbrook Photography, Laura has an incredible talent we want to share with you!
Grab a cup of coffee, sit down with us and get to know more about Laura:
1. When did you realize your talent and love for photography?
I signed up to be the year book photographer in high school, simply to get out of class. I had no idea I would really start to enjoy the entire experience.
2. How would you best describe your style?
I’m constantly refining/reinventing my style. Some stylistic components will always remain consistent, but recently I’ve been incorporating more elements of glamour and high fashion.
3. What do you look for in a potential client?
Couples with whom mutual trust is easily established and who value a storytelling approach to photography.
4. What is one thing you wish you could tell each couple as they select their wedding photographer?
3 P’s of Photography (Strive for a balance of all three)
1) Product: You absolutely love the finished products…storybook album, canvases, slideshow to music, etc.
2) Personality: You are excited about the personality that will be behind the lens all day
3) Price: If photography is a priority to you, you may find yourself investing more of the budget towards your photographer that the average bride and groom
5. What if I am nervous about being photographed?
I am not necessarily comfortable being in front of the camera myself, so I am always sure to give lots of directions during portrait sessions. As a photographer, we definitely have a lot of control on how we capture our subjects and each moment throughout the day. For example; simply by the lens selection or direction of light, we have the ability to make an individual look 15 pounds lighter or 15 pounds heavier. I take on the challenge to of capturing that “sparkle” in everyone and work to make each client feel at ease in front of my lens.
6. What do you love most about what you do?
I love working with people. I am amazed that our brides and grooms invite us into some of the most precious moments of their lives, with their closest friends and family. Each couple, family, and day is a new adventure and a new story to tell!
To see Laura’s work head on over to her website!